Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 01:42 PM   #5780 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Save yourself the headache, B. The more you try to explain your point the tighter they squeeze their eyes shut.

It's a fun game where everyone gets homicidal at the end.
Starting to think this is the right idea.

If I could just say a word on Climate Change before I leave this thread for good.

1. America's guilt in terms of GHG emissions in the U.S. is bordering on a concentration of evil. Because not only has suburban sprawl dramatically increased those rates, but included in that terrible plan is redlining, the increase in NCDs for most Americans like diabetes and strokes, but also has lead to tremendous amounts of depression by way of isolation and depression - all because oil executives wanted more money. For this, I think we should put heads on pikes and send a message. Though I will for the moment savor the -$39 a barrel price of oil.

2. Having said that, the U.S. and those of us fighting against climate change have made solid strides in terms of the dramatic increase in the ability to get to a renewable future. The grid is cleaner, deregulated utilities across the country have led to the proliferation of solar panels, independent system operators are now putting the squeeze on coal and oil through market-like pricing, and the Northeast (I'm proud to say) has made leaps and bounds in the fight to get US offshore wind, despite the best efforts of the Trump administration to stop them.

The future of climate is housing. The plan against urban housing is a plot, and I truely believe that.
Even the aforementioned Chomsky agrees with it. This is really where I choose to invest any political capital I can get my hands on. But the idea that the US is a nightmare on Climate Change can only be true is you look at the output over the 21st Century. It's not wrong, but it's bad analysis by Omission.

Anyway, I'm going to take WWWP's wisdom to heart and excuse myself. Good luck and be well, friends.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote