Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #5831 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
nuclear could be part of the solution

I don't really know

I'm for a fundamental change in the way we consume
Yeah, I think that's one of the things people don't really comprehend, is how much gluttony and waste exists in our fuel sources. Even used efficiently, the current system is set-up to be wasteful. Unintentionally, IMO, but they also aren't making it a priority to fix. I did my master's thesis on energy efficiency in housing, and it shifted a lot from "how to we include elements of passivehouse design in low-income housing" to "stop urban sprawl" because there's no efficiency measure in the world that offsets your commute to work.

I've been in a death battle with my significant other to go plant-based in our diet. Progress is being made, but the more I research the more I realize the great hoodwink American Corporate Marketing has conducted. I'm semi-ok with this generally. If you won't educate yourself or change your habits, even if you like your habits, you've commited yourself to death. And no amount of blaming other (guilty) parties will help. With energy and the environment, though, it's not something thats personal. My air is your air. So I think we should be legally allowed to nuke your SUV.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote