Music Banter - View Single Post - My favourite "alternative" sub-genre.
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sweet Jane
Music Addict

I've always liked Whirlwind heat, but the rest I haven't heard bar Neil's Children due to my busy busy schedule this year. The thing I always loved about bands like Gang of Four was the deliberate drums and sharpness of the guitar sound, they just weren't afraid of playing their song as definitively as possible. There's nothing wrong at all with more bands coming out like this, I'll have to check more of them out.

Whirlwind Heat's new album out soon if not already! Can't wait to give it a listen, although a few tracks on their myspace here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=37575618

They're Jack White endorsed, for those of you who can't take Stu and I's word that they're worth a listen

While I'm here, my faveourite (I can spell btw... I just prefer spelling it that way) sub-genre is slowly becoming the American tapes movement, or a few other acts which could be considered minimalist noise.
The Animal Collective, Merzbow, Wolf Eyes and many others. I appreciate it seems to take some getting used to, and I've mentioned a few bands before, but if anyone can see the appeal let me know I'm not alone.

Recommendation album: The Animal Collective: Feels

Hobbes: "I'm not sure that man needs the help."
Sweet Jane is offline   Reply With Quote