Music Banter - View Single Post - Marilyn Manson
Thread: Marilyn Manson
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 09:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Sebster17
Music Addict

Default Marilyn Manson is not Krazy, he's a genius!

people i talk to that don't like him are just saying so because they have no idea what he stands for. they just think, oh he's a satanist . . . He's actually a very smart guy who has opinions about important subjects. just read sum quotes by him . . .

1. “The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they're supposed to like, what they're supposed to buy, and what they're supposed to laugh at.”

2. “You should have to pass an IQ test before you breed. You have to take a driving test to operate vehicles and an SAT test to get into college. So why dont you have to take some sort of test before you give birth to children? When I am President, thats the first rule I will institute.”

3. “what happens someday if more people own my record than the bible? that will make me god because a lot more people believe in me than him? Because itsjust about popularity. ther are plenty of people in the world how have never heard of jesus, while America takes him for granted. The key is to change what is popular. that's why rather than submit to to the mainstream, you have to become it _ then over come it”

4. “Marilyn Monroe wasn't even her real name, Charles Manson isn't his real name, and now, I'm taking that to be my real name. But what's real? You can't find the truth, you just pick the lie you like the best.”

5. “It's the whole Nietzche philosophy of you are your own God. That's why I debase myself in the concerts and tell people to spit on me. I'm saying to them 'You are no different from me'.”

6. “i talked to Snoop doggy dogg today. well I'm not sure if you could realy call it talked because I could hardly understand what he was saying. But i think he was trying to communicate was that he wanted to work with me in some sort of capacity and something involving marijuana.”

7. “And that's the type of thing I'm trying to speak out against the most, religion controlling what we see and what we do in our personal lives, even if you're not a part of that religion. Antichrist Superstar[the album] is a challenge really, to traditional morality and it's...to make people question that and make people think about different perspectives.”