Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 07:09 AM   #1687 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
The sad part is, the context literally doesn't change any of the statements he's made. IDK why Ant sniffs Trump's ass so much for a dude that doesn't like Trump. Allegedly.
Cause when you make statements like that it gives credence to the idea that maybe people don't care about the truth and the whole Orange Man Bad thing has some legs to it. Did you read the article I linked to? It spells it out more clearly that I could here.

The media took literally two sentences and turned it into a story where Trump was telling people to inject bleach. Which is clearly not what was going on and irresponsible in a way that should be called out. But unlike voters in regards to Trump, I can't vote the media out of office. All I can do is point it out.

There are plenty of examples of Trump straight up saying things contextually that are as they appear to be and deserve mockery (such as his ill-advised hype of that anti-malarial drug and his comments to reporters that he has "absolute authority"). It seems odd to me that I get lectured about Trump when every time I call something out, it's usually about something I read or saw that showcases intellectual dishonesty in the way something was approached and reported. Context is always important, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I don't get where he misspoke on the topic of viruses per se. When I read it, I didn't see him mention viruses. Maybe if you have the full transcript where he's demonstrating this lack of viral knowledge this would be interesting to read. In my opinion what he was alluding to in that brief statement are pathogens (whlch he calls "germs e.g. strains of bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi that causes diseases) that become resistant to anti-bodies, these pathogens are aka "super bugs." I don't get where he misspoke on the topic of viruses. "Super bugs" are something that the medical and scientific communities are very concern about.
Trump's lack of a filter and limited vocabulary on that subject is evident. He's getting up and doing these coronavirus briefings and asking dumb-sounding questions to his experts in an off-the-cuff manner as though he were sitting across from Joe Rogan or Howard Stern or whoever in a relaxed setting. If you focus less on his language and get to the "heart" of what he's trying to say through basic inference, what he actually means becomes clear. He's talking about something he heard in regards to the super bugs but isn't using accurate terminology.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 04-25-2020 at 07:50 AM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote