Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 07:50 AM   #1814 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

From your article, Psy-Fi:

Quote:
The deceased was described by a grieving relative as “a smart and cheerful person”
Not sure, given the circumstances of her death, that "smart" is a well-chosen word. As a minimum, it should be qualified like this, "...an otherwise smart and cheerful person."

That's pretty sad, but unfortunatey she is far from the first person to die for the sake of a selfie.
__________________________________________________ ________________

On the topic of US guidance during Covid-19, much has been made of the mixed messages of Trump+Pence. More sinister though, has been the silent emasculation of the CDC by the Trump admin. Rachel Maddow has recently done a piece exposing the glaring difference between the pre- and post-Covid CDC. I wonder if anyone else has seen it?
Bottom Line:
For decades, in response to health problems like Legionnaire's disease the CDC has given stern instructions to industry: Do this, don't do that.
With Covid under Trump, their messages are full of "perhaps" "if possible" and "could". It sounds like, at every level, the current Federal/WH response is a hopeless muddle.