Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #1859 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
But we can't listen to the scientists! They have agendas! They're trying to push their science!
Let them livestream on Twitch then. #Freedom

There are seasoned medical professionals right now claiming all kinds of drugs are working against Covid-19 and that both the mainstream media and social media are censoring them when they try to go directly to the masses. Should we listen to them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
What in the articles specifically tells you that they didn't take it into consideration?

Every single scientific article I've seen has said not only that it's not a bioweapon but that they believe it evolved naturally based on the genome sequencing. You think that every scientist saying this is unaware of GOF research? You might as well just say they're in on the conspiracy... It would almost be more plausible.
In the article, they talk about specific things they look for to determine if a virus was purposely modified. CRISPR-esque stuff. However, they don't talk about how viruses can also be "forced" to mutate without touching or modifying gene sequences. Since it wasn't brought up, my guess is that it is impossible to distinguish whether a virus was "forced" to mutate and evolve in a conditioned environment versus a virus that has mutated naturally out in nature. In either case, a human didn't "execute" a modification: the virus simply changed on it's own.

Since a scientist wouldn't be able to differentiate a virus that mutated like that, there's no way to make a determination.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 05-01-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote