Music Banter - View Single Post - synth pop/edm Nero-ish song with female vocalist and rap part? possibly UK
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
tombow
Groupie

Default synth pop/edm Nero-ish song with female vocalist and rap part? possibly UK

I heard this in a Burger King and really liked it, but no one is able to identify it (asked on Reddit etc). It's kind of synth pop, dubstep ish, very Nero sounding song (though I don't think it's Nero, looked through their albums.)

It starts off with a slow, loud synth riff that sounds like the notes of Nero's "Me And You" played at the volume and pace of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" - like very big booming stadium rock notes. But a definite Nero-like sound with lots of big production and spacey tinkling notes over the heaviness.

A female vocalist with a slow and "dreamy" voice is singing over the top,

It then changes to the same melody but a faster, noiser, more dubstep or drum n bass ish rhythm, and the singer keeps singing at the same pace/feel. It then goes back to the slower heavy notes for the chorus.

The second verse had a rapper who sounded British/Grime I think.

(I did a vocaroo of the intro/chorus riff but can't post URLs here.)

I think one of the (female sung) lines started with "forgive me..." and another with "I don't care..."

thanks if any ideas!
tombow is offline   Reply With Quote