Music Banter - View Single Post - The Hot Sauce Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #129 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Less heat and good for sauces according to a quick look up. I had to stop the hot stuff a while back, but I still suffer through a good spicy meal every once in a while. Tums to the rescue.

The GF's brother has dozens of pepper plants surrounding his property and has just about every variety known to man. Not sure he has those though. The scorpion, ghost, reaper, scotch bonnets and others all get dried and put into a shaker. I dipped my pinky into it and maybe 2-3 granules stuck as I put it to my tongue. I couldn't feel my face for about 20 minutes, but the flavor and after-taste was amazing. I miss the days when I didn't have to worry about heartburn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Very cool.

A friend of mine has quite a few pepper plants, all different kinds. Carolina Reapers, Scorpions, some Bonnets, and just about every other scoville scale breaking mofo known to man. He's like a mad scientist with em too, and has a shaker with them all combined dried and crushed to sprinkle over things. I just barely, BARELY! dipped the tip of my pinky finger in and only got a few crystals, maybe 4-5 VERY small specs on and tasted it. My mouth was on fire for 20 minutes, but the after taste was decent.
Boy, can I tell stories or what.

lol