Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #340 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post

^ Thanks for this example of how colour can be used: what an impact that red door has! Also, what a way to utilise what was, I presume, just a regular roof, as per the adjacent buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
^ Yes, this place looks nice at a glance, and in fact there are now several tv progs that look at Tiny Houses, always very chic, but very small.
Having lived in a bedsit for several years, I can report, as plankton suggests, that there's no real substitute for having actual space, although the deck in your picture might help relieve a sense of claustrophobia (weather permitting).
Tiny House living must come with a whole bunch of constraints which don't appeal to me: you have to give away your books after you've read them, there's only room for one type of cereal in your kitchen, and you put your back out every time you change the bedsheets because you can't actually walk round the bed.
But as a frequently lazy person, the saddest thing to see are the home-owners proudly lifting up and folding down various bits of furniture, "And this turns into a table with space underneath to store your winter sweaters,"etc. Somehow I know I'd just never bother; tiny house living might suit someone who is never off-duty from being excruciatingly tidy, but wouldn't suit someone like me with a tendency to slobbism and hoarding.