Music Banter - View Single Post - MB is teh suxzorz
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 04:51 AM   #117 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
to each his/her own, i discovered an incredible amount of new music in the past 6 months, and god help me, but your taste in music is strange to say the least....you're a hard man to please as far as new music is concerned and i never really thought you discovered anything via this forum.

i'm getting really sick of threads like these, riseagainst made one a year or so ago, then big3, ledzepstu also likes to bitch, hookers, and a shit load of newbies can't seem to shut up about how this place sucks ass and/or is boring. yes it's boring when you spend 12 hours a day on it, i mean what do you expect, for something intersting to be going on every second of the day? sure it's boring when noone posts just arround the time you have nothing better to do but to sit behind you computer desk and stare at the screen. i encounter that problem all the time, yet i don't make threads or bitch about it or threaten to leave. i like this site very much, but it's not my main form of discovering new music. when the forum is dead, i go on last.fm and cruise, or i go to pitchfork, insound, nme.com or god knows how many other music sites. don't expect new music to come here, try to search for it yourself once in a while.

i also see no problems wiht arguments or the main villain of the past week, Don. so what if he's arogant? if you don't wanna talk to him put him on your ignore list. i don't think anyone will do that because even though you bitch about his presence, you all love the arguments because we're all a bit immature and like to quibble over bullshit and try to prove to the other party that we're smarter/better/wittier than them.

what makes this site great in my opinion is the liberal moderation. everyone is allowed to be an asshole from time to time, and from what i could observe in the past year, none of those arguments are too "violent" andf the parties involved always seem to find a way to speak to each other civily. if you ban someone ( and i'm not speaking about retarded spammers ), you're not allowing for the matter to be resolved in a natural way. i got banned on another site for argueing and still think it was a wrong call, i'm back on that site and get along with the other person just fine now. but that site is nowhere near as good as this one is, even though it's similar in size. there is no personal contact there, the conservative moderation stiffles any sort of childish fun we're accustomed to having here....
I agree, I think the main reason for the board being quite is because it's during semesters and school terms. I have a ****load of work to do at University, I'm lucky to get on here once a week.

I think people if you are bored of this site, then leave or make it interesting instead of telling others to. Music banter is what you make it. You have to work together.

Oh and lets face it, some people are arrogant, and I think it's good, brings a little excitement into the place.