Music Banter - View Single Post - Johnny Mags Historical Texts for the Ages
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 02:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

March 12, 2018

This was before Toys R Us went out of business. The building down the road was rumored to be closing and another rumor saying that our store was going to move to that location was started. Mags decided to do a recon mission and sent me this lengthy text...

"I haven’t been to the Toys R Us Route 17 N in a long long time, even though I could walk there. 60,000 square feet. The color scheme on the outside is stupid looking, too juvenile.

Anyway horrible layout. What happened to the long aisles that were so easy to navigate. As a kid walking there I remember even now where certain things were!!! Now? forget it. What sh*tty design. Walk in and you have these high displays you can not see more than 20 feet in front of you. The guy (or gal) who designed the layout was on LSD.

A lot would have to be done to transform it into a B&N. But it could be gutted pretty quickly. I like the windows.

When I was a kid Toys was someplace that even teen boys would go to. It had models, BMX bikes, baseball gloves, video games.

Now it was a nursery school playground.

Couldn’t wait to leave, and horrible in store play!!

Parking is not bad. But the lot needs a repaving.

Needs to be subdivided. Maybe B&N and a Smashburger. "

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote