Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 06:27 AM   #2162 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Prize-winning journalists, me and Rachel Maddow raised some alarm flags about the CDC a couple of weeks ago; about how, under the Trump admin, it has become a spineless ghost compared to what it once was.

Now The Lancet, prob the most prestigeous publication for medical professionals worldwide, has also criticized the CDC; here's an article about what The Lancet put in their latest editorial:-

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-journal-urges
Quote:
... new outbreaks are emerging in places such as Minnesota and Iowa – developments that The Lancet says are renewing questions about what it calls the Trump administration's "inconsistent and incoherent national response" to the crisis.

"The Administration is obsessed with magic bullets — vaccines, new medicines, or a hope that the virus will simply disappear," the journal states.

Seeking to lay a pile of critical failings at Trump's feet, the editorial — titled "Reviving the U.S. CDC" — says a federal agency that was once "the gold standard for global disease detection and control" has devolved into an "ineffective and nominal adviser" on the U.S. response to a disease that poses a public health threat of historic proportions.

The Trump administration has "chipped away at the CDC's capacity to combat infectious diseases" in a number of ways, The Lancet says.
It doesn't even mention the censorship of the 64-page set of precise and specific guidelines that The CDC produced a few weeks back. Businesses, schools, churches should be using to help them re-open safely, but instead people are getting infected, people are dying because the Trump admin is censoring science. Trump's Sharpiegate disgrace, his promotion of crank remedies have been embarrassing enough, but this time his policy of obscuring science is costing lives.