Music Banter - View Single Post - The Anime/Manga thread
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 07:19 PM   #707 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

You know earlier on this site I claimed that Evangelion was the best show ever made and while that's a hard claim to make even to myself, I find it a surprisingly easy claim to make that Hellsing Ultimate is the greatest big dumb action thing ever made. All of 80s action movies would be included, anything by Schwarzenegger, even Terminator movies would qualify, Predator would qualify, basically anything that exists to be an action spectacle is inferior to Hellsing Ultimate.

I mean episode 1 of Hellsing Ultimate does not sell this idea so ignore it but episode 2 absolutely does and is one of the most bombass action sequences ever created and then there's a whole series to deal with after that. So if you make it to episode 2 and somehow don't soil your underwear then you're lucky cause your underwear still isn't safe.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote