Music Banter - View Single Post - The 'Urban Looks At The UK Top 10 Singles Chart' Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Default The 'Urban Looks At The UK Top 10 Singles Chart' Thread

I`m bored & fancied doing something a little different. I might do this every week who knows.

UK Top 10 UK Singles 9/04/06

10. Pink - Stupid Girls

The usual turgid lightweight R&B that every American female singer & their mother seems to be permenently knocking out these days.I gather from some of the lyrics this is supposed to be satirical.
Life is really to short to bother finding out.

9. The Zutons - Why Don't You Give Me Your Love?
This isn`t bad actually.I have a love/hate relationship with the Zutons.I love them because they`re a kinda fun band. I hate them because they STILL sound like a Coral tribute band.Depends on my mood really.As i`m not really expecting to like much in this top 10 i`ll be generous & say it`s good. Can`t say fairer than that.

8. Pussycat Dolls Ft Will.I.Am - Beep
WTF is this?
No doubt the video to this is basically them shaking their lil titties into the camera while some wanna be gangsta walks around making stupid hand gestures at the camera. Am I right? Do I win?
Their official site has a ringtones section rather than a music section.
Says everything about their target audience that you need to know really.

7. Embrace - Nature's Law
Hanging around like a bad smell since 1996.Hooligan was OK song but that was SEVEN BLOODY YEARS AGO. You can leave now & take your sub Coldplay bollocks with you.

6. Black Eyed Peas - Pump It
Bin it

5. The Kooks - Naive
Like Supergrass but without the talent , excitement or originality.

4. Orson - No Tomorrow
PLEASE NO MORE , I`m seriously sick of this which is a shame because I quite liked it when I first heard it.Sadly after hearing it about 50 times a week the novelty wears off a bit.Not their fault I know but nevermind they just had a no 1 hit single I doubt they care what I think.

3. NE-YO - So Sick
CR-AP

2. Mary J Blige & U2 - One
Oh fuck off

1. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Wow a good song at No1. Seriously this is great. I`m not even bored of it yet. I will be give a week or so but until then I like.Great name too I wonder if there`s a reason behind it.I`ll be so disappointed if Gnarls is just a nickname.
I think he shouldn`t release anything more after this.Make a statement & dissapear into obscurity , thats what the pop charts should be about.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote