Music Banter - View Single Post - Middle Aged Man, looking to Find Rock, Blues and Jazz do Magazine still exist?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
PianoGuitarDrums
Groupie

Default Middle Aged Man, looking to Find Rock, Blues and Jazz do Magazine still exist?

I'm a new member but I come with a purpose. I want to pick peoples brains in finding post 2005 music that is Rock, Blues or Jazz. Now, in Jazz I feel I'm covered because I do subscribe to a Jazz Magazine called Downbeat. But Rock and Blues, I have no idea where to look to find new and good music.

Again, this isn't a song recommendation thread but more of a resource recommendation thread. I feel a magazine like Rolling Stones once served this function, but now it doesn't do that. So, are there Magazine you can recommend? Or Websites? Again, this would be for Rock and Blues. I do like Hip Hop and Rap and World Music, so if you have suggestions there that would be great.

I know there is good music out there, I've seen smatterings of it here and there online. But an actual resource would be great. In terms of musical subscriptions, I subscribe to Amazon Music and own a few Amazon Echo's. This may be a problem if Amazon's collection doesn't contain certain musicians. I do have a free Spotify and free Pandora account. But my go to is Amazon Music. So, if even you can suggest Music Platforms that would be great to.

Thanks.
PianoGuitarDrums is offline   Reply With Quote