Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 05:26 PM   #6190 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I watched two Spider-Man movies recently. The one where his girlfriend dies and Home Coming. I thought HC was really boring but the other one was pretty good.
The one where his girlfriend dies would be The Amazing Spider-Man 2 which I haven't seen in years but remember being pretty underwhelming but the interactions between Peter and his girlfriend were engaging and great. The first The Amazing Spider-Man was a better movie and had all the same chemistry between the two characters so you'd probably like that even better.

Homecoming was... entertaining as a popcorn movie but was a big nothing as a Spider-Man movie. It just doesn't do anything with the character and only serves to develop him within the MCU. Liked it. Didn't much care though.

If there's a Spider-Man movie to recommend though it's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. It's way better than those as a character movie, an action movie, and just a movie with its own interesting identity. It's not connected to the MCU or any other Spider-Man movie franchise and is self-contained so you don't have to bother with anything else to watch it. Definitely one of the best superhero movies ever and anyone would get something from it.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote