Music Banter - View Single Post - Modular Synthesis Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Raime
Forever Electro

Default Modular Synthesis Thread

How many of you have modular systems, or want one? I started with Eurorack format about 2-3 years ago, and it's been something I spend hours on without getting bored, or confused, and I just love the hands on tactile nature of hardware with minimal menu diving. I also get super distracted, so I find it near impossible to make music with computers for long periods of time.

The thing about modern modular synths is that they are far more stable, can easily communicate with DAWs given you have the right modules, so you can totally use Ableton or something like it to make really complex and cool stuff that you couldn't with just hardware alone, but that's not why I got into it. You don't even need a huge complicated wall system to get something amazing going on with multi-purpose modules.

Here's my system that I took a picture of about a month ago. It has some new modules in there that aren't pictured, and I'm going to take out the combine-or when I get a Hermod next. Top case I actually made out of a spice box (jankily) with a befaco power supply.

Awful trash that I listen to

Awful trash that I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m a full on fascist. I don’t even give a **** about making sense.

Do you have a black truck?

Last edited by Raime; 05-25-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Raime is offline   Reply With Quote