Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 06:41 AM   #6353 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Sorry for the late reply, but I don't have much time to post anymore. I don't disagree but the truth is that I'm not really impressed with the policies the establishment holds, which is why I would like to either see the party change or a viable third party emerge.
No worries. I try to give it a few days myself so the 8 people that post here can generate something to respond to. What policies would you like to see that they don't hold over than a $15 minimum wage (which you mention below)?

Quote:
That's just apparently democracy at work, when he fails to win those people over, but if Biden fails to win over Bernie supporters then the blame is apparently on the voters rather than the candidate.This is basically the type of logic used to prop up the status quo.
I see your point, but I don't fully accept the premise. Bernie demonstrated that he only got about 35% of primary voters IIRC and that his people don't show up.

Biden asking Bernie supporters to vote for him doesn't strike me as a double-standard. I'll just leave it here for now to save you a rant. I guess I'm asking what I'm missing.

Quote:
As for she used to be a communist radical... I have to say I must've missed that. Maybe you mean that's how the right attacked her, which is imo easily dismissed as simple fear mongering.
In 1993 she was charged by her husband to oversee Healthcare reform to get (as I recall) something like Single-Payer. It's why my mother has wanted to vote for Clinton since 1993. Sadly she died in 2015 and I had to carry the torch for her. Not really a point to this little side note other than to say Clinton means slightly more to me than she might otherwise.

Quote:
I've already told you that's not my claim. If Biden gets in and does less harm than Trump, then best of luck to him. That's just far too lackluster a message to actually drive me to get out and vote for him.

If I believed for a second he would get a 15/hr minimum wage I might change my mind. I quite simply don't believe him.
I don't know how he'd manage to do more harm than trump who used mounted police yesterday to clear protestors so he could get an Instagram post with a bible, but what's the drive for a $15 min wage? Of all the policies I feel like that's a lop-sided one. It's going to be way too little in NYC and job-cutting in some of the right-to-work state. I thought it was wise to campaign on it and then in office take the deal to get some reform. But if they put in a $15 flat minimum I think that's going to have more damaging effects than positive ones.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote