Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #24263 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
I practically lived in that store as a child. Also, I used to see Braxton pretty regularly in the Wabash Rose Records
with his German Shepherd. I think the murder of Hegewisch Joe has yet to be solved?

That's another incentive for leaving the record business. Exo needs to NEVER
meet up with anyone who claims to have a collection that he needs to "come by and see"
because he may never come back. They murdered my boss from Dr. Wax when he
went to meet up with someone with a stash of LPs. He went missing for many days and
his body was discovered after they saw a dog carrying his decayed head after it was dug up in a field.
Yeahhhhh that's scary as f*ck. We did a buy earlier this year in a house with no electricity. Squatters nested in the house and found records and called us. We were sketched out with the call when the person didn't know what the hell they had so we both went and immediately looked at each other, the records, and said we couldn't buy them and left. I don't think they wanted to hurt us but they DEFINITELY wanted money. If we had stayed in there longer and started to haggle, they might have gotten desperate.

Live and learn. We mostly have people come to the store now. Don't want to carry them here? Well, too bad, call somebody else. Most people haul them over but we'll do house calls for old ladies and men when they SOUND old.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote