Music Banter - View Single Post - System of a Down
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 09:53 PM   #633 (permalink)
mosesandtherubberducky
butt say x

Location: so i read the question as "Where YOU live" which was kinda funny instead of "Where you live"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersLabyrinthX
They have an original sound. As do Static-X
If you hear them on the radio, you can tell who it is by the first few bars. Because they are more pop
Vocally, they are somewhat talented. Until Daron decided to start singing
The range is nice. Personally, I like the softer songs. Toxicity was good, Mesmerize was good, Hypnotize is okay.
They are good live, unlike some crappy bands that do good in the studio then get on a stage and bang on the front of the guitar hoping to make some good noise. Daron fucks up so much live LOL
Yeah, it maybe simple riffs, but not everyone can play the guitar amazingly.Simple repeatitive riffs that you will hear in different varieations through out an album
They are pollitically charged, I respect them for that. Static-X talk about social discrepencies (spelling?), and there are plenty of bands that are politically charged. SOAD only discusses propaganda which they use themselves. They also jumped on the bush bashing bandwagon.

And seriously, just because a majority of the senior members dont like this band doesnt mean its ****ty music.It could be a sign I'm tired of that crap.Then don't like stupid music or make blanketed statements

And I'm about half and half with each band. But I find Static-X more original/cooler (the lead singer has a cool beard and hair). And SOAD went into an exponiental decay after their Self-titled