Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 01:37 PM   #70613 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
The point I'm making is that if your gonna take grievance with the past, you also have to have an understanding of what the actual alternatives were based on how people behaved back then. Before Cortes arrived in the New World and set things on the path we are on today, the Aztecs were well on their way to subjugating and/or violently massacring every other tribe on the North American continent. There was no magical bright future for anyone just because white people weren't in the picture. Every timeline is ****ed and all we have is the present moment.

So are we discussing history to make a point about how to improve the present, or are people going to make unscientific observations about how we got to this point? If people are going to argue with me because I pointed out the latter, then that doesn't bode well for any critical discussion.
Who is talking about a magical bright future? The only point is that American colonists committed a horrible genocide. This argument doesn't logically relate to that statement, and all attempts to fill in that logical blank do indeed make it sound like an attempt to excuse that genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote