Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork BitchDork
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #378 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
Nea - Slavic people seem to be great at making sombre post-punkish freezer boogies. Awesome.
The singer from End of Electronics has a delivery like Ian Curtis, but more in the lower range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
Nea - I really like the bass and the general atmosphere of the first song. Her voice too. The melody etc. didn't click that much
I like the subtly swinging drums and melody of the second song a lot. I'd like to scream along to it if I knew the lyrics, great
The third song has a nice dragging, wavy sound, a bit like shoegaze. The instruments/sound texture changes here and there, that's a nice surprise, like the synthy bit around 3:00 and then suddenly deeper sounds kicking in at ~3:20
Thanks. I like them as singers especially the last two. Kennedy Ashlyn (from Them Are Us Too) has an amazing voice. Tamaryn was into Shoegaze, but switch over to 80s Synth Pop-ish (à la Depeche Mode) on her last album.

Girls Names • Pittura Infamante
from Belfast, Ireland

The Cleaners From Venus - Only a Shadow

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote