Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:21 AM   #9213 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
I just finished Oona Frawley's book,
"Memory Island: James Joyce and Cultural Memory, Volume 4"
and she's the only person I've ever noticed with that name except
for the girl in this famous film from Gunvor Nelson (excerpt):

https://vimeo.com/242768525
There's also Oona O'Neill, daughter of Eugene O'Neill and wife of Charlie Chaplin
The name definitely suits Chio. I'd also be in favour of Charles being called Tiberius if the name Charles weren't slightly better. It has just the right combination of poshness and normality to not suit him

I've never thought my name suits me, I think it's beautiful but it sounds too feminine and religious for me. And everyone always sings to you, the sound of music, west side story, ave Maria and what have you. I like Marie much better, it's shorter and more jolly. One friend randomly started calling me Pete in high school and that stuck with a few people, I loved that. I wouldn't want to change my name though, it has grown on me. A bit like an awkward looking but comfortable oversized sweater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
what is the most random thing you've bought on the internet?
An electronic Vaishnava chant box, and Eucharist wafers (I’ve bought these several times – am no longer Catholic, but I love the taste of those things!).
This made listen to some Vaishnava chants, awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote