Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 06:17 PM   #6652 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
In all those protests afaik the only pig to die was that one in Oakland killed by a boogalooer so what violence are you talking about with BLM and Antifa?
I don't know the scale of the violence yet and we probably won't until all this blows over - but there has definitely been violence. We don't know statistics yet on what group, if any, is most affiliated with the individuals or groups committing the violence (as far as I know). It seems to be more Antifa than BLM to me. I'm not just talking about violence against police but violence against private citizens.

An 8 year old girl was shot in Atlanta the other day near a BLM protest site. David Dorn, a private security guard in his '70s, responded to a call when looters broke in and he was shot and left to bleed out in the street so the looters could snag some TVs (the video is available on Twitter, I don't recommend watching if you have a weak stomach or frail heart). One of the statues that was torn down (was it Columbus or Jefferson? I honestly dont remember) landed on some guy's head - he was hospitalized in critical condition. There was that video of the old lady in the electric wheelchair who brandished a knife and tried to block a store entrance from looters. She was beaten. There's been others. Not to mention all of the destruction of private businesses.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote