Music Banter - View Single Post - Trying to update my music collection Early 2000's R&B. (east coast vibe)
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
newjackswing
Groupie

Lots more in addition to those listed...a few of which you named had hits in the late 90's (Erykah, Mya and Tamia) or 2005 (i.e. John Legend)

Avant, Jaheim, Dwele, Kem, Ledisi, Tweet, Sunshine Anderson, Floetry, Mary Mary, Anthony Hamilton, Pharrell, Amel Larrieux, etc.

As you go deeper into the decade you can add many more such as (2004) Estelle and (2005) John Legend, Akon, Raheem DeVaughn, Bobby V, Corine Bailey Rae, etc...

I would add D'Angelo/Case/Maxwell to the list but each debuted in 1995/6/7 although all have been very prolific in the 2000s.

Here is a tool you may find helpful. Do a google search for 'Music Timeline' which looks like 'music-timeline.appspot'. It's a website that will allow you to find artists by not just the year/decade but also music genre/sub-genre.

As for a particular coast (East or West) the music originates, you'll have to evaluate each individually although I'm sure someone somewhere has probably created a site to help dissect those. Hope this helps.
newjackswing is offline   Reply With Quote