Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 06:42 PM   #2492 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
How can a disease with 1% mortality shut down the United States?

"...Another important piece of information - this is mortality not fatality rate. Mortality is calculated across the entire population & assumes every person has a roughly equal chance of exposure. Fatality is # of deaths divided by # of diagnosed cases… Both in the US and across the world, that has held pretty steady at just under five percent..."

Comment:

weekendlites
BBS Commodore

That distinction is lost on everyone including myself as I immediately ran the numbers from Johns Hopkins and 270220/12970605 = 0.043962 or 4.4% not 1%

Also of note - RWNJs like to use # of US population / # dead, of course that total is very low, but no relationship to what happens WHEN you get this. If exposed, you most likely WILL get it.
Quote:
For every one person who dies:

19 more require hospitalization.
18 of those will have permanent heart damage for the rest of their lives.
10 will have permanent lung damage.
3 will have strokes.
2 will have neurological damage that leads to chronic weakness and loss of coordination.
2 will have neurological damage that leads to loss of cognitive function.
Multiple that by the typical working class American getting it twice a year.

Idk - but I do know it would’ve been hella worth people staying inside even for a few years if that’s the case and we can’t create an effective vaccine. I haven’t even read a worst case scenario that’s a real long term worst case scenario. If these stats are correct and you do not build an immunity to it, IF that’s the case, if you’re reading this in 2020 this disease will probably at least cripple you. Opening “safely” and all that bs nonchalant bravado shows no respect for the power of nature.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote