Music Banter - View Single Post - Is there any music you hate?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
DoctorDonRose
Groupie

Question Is there any music you hate?

Music and Musical Instruments that Many People of The West in Modern Times Might Be Averse To

1. organ music (people who don't like to go to church might not like organs: they may only hear the organ at funerals and associate it as an instrument of death… pipe organs are often subject of horror drama and Halloween)
2. bagpipe music (my father thought they sounded likes several cats stuck up in tree)
3. harmonica music
4. accordion music (my mother thought they sounded squeaky and certainly not noble like a pipe organ)
5. classical Indian ragas: westerners might ask where the harmony is
6. rap "music" (noise): sounds like a lot of loud beating on old garbage cans and records' getting scratched by a needle jumping out of the groove; completely devoid of art form or harmony
7. harpsichords: my grandfather said he liked the piano much better, they are thought of as dainty or effeminate by some, Lurch on The Addams Family gave it a rather bad image
8. classical music: where's the MELODY is a common question; you can't put your foot down to it Grandma once said on The Waltons; many young people in the West have been turned off to classical music since the advent of jazz, country-western and rock and roll; Roll Over Beethoven is a common line by rock song writers deriding classical music
DoctorDonRose is offline   Reply With Quote