Music Banter - View Single Post - Should I buy albums by these bands
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
All_Nite_Dinah
Not Impressed

OOO, looks like someones getting into some 80s HC well anyway there all totaly killer bands but I would recomend the following.

A Global Threat- AGT have put out so much stuff its nearly impossible to pick an album. Just go buy some of there 7"s like "In the red" or one of there many splits(especially the one with Misery) But I would deffinetly recomend "What the **** will change" for a full length.
Agent Orange-"Living in Darkness", hands down best album of theres in my opinion.
The Germs-Its nearly impossible to get on the same level with "M.I.A." just a great record.
Oxymoron-Id recopmend there best of album "Best before 2000" its cheap and good.
Dag Nasty-"Can I say" hands down
Gang Green-One of the original skate core hc band. Awsome band from the 80's. Check out "Another Wasted Night"
GBH-"city baby attacked by rats" is always good.
Blitz-Theres LOTS of best of comps floating around out there for this band but I would say
Total Chaos-"Anthems from The alleyway" Cheap quality 77 flavored punk. Gotta love it.
Chaos UK-Id recomend the best of comp thats on Anagram records.
The Subhumans- Anything by the sumbhumans is gold but I there EP LP, or Day The Country Died are good.
Flipper- All of the best flipper material was put out on 7"s but if you dont have a record player theres a few best of comps out there that are pretty good, and some reprinted lps. I would recomend Blow'n Chunks cd/lp, or any of there 7"s if you can get your hands on them for under $10 a pop.
Against All Authority-Anything by these guys is awsome, so just go pick up anything and youll be happy.

Judging by your list there I would say you should go out and pick up the "this is boston not L.A." and "flex your head" compilations. There both 80s hc comps that I think youd really like. Have fun
All_Nite_Dinah is offline   Reply With Quote