Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #6878 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

I’m so excited! My friends know that I’m an avid proponent of copyleftism, the free software movement, Creative Commons, and related philosophies.

My research led me to a powerful collection of 48 essays by Richard Stallman - the renowned father of the free software movement. Stallman is the programmer who launched the GNU Project, founded the Free Software Foundation, and wrote the GNU General Public License.

I found his essays so captivating that I had to secure a physical copy for my library. As luck would have it, I found a pristine unread copy of the latest edition actually SIGNED and INSCRIBED by the author for just $4! I didn’t hesitate and ordered it on the spot.

This third edition features a new Forward by journalist and hacker, Jacob Appelbaum who was formerly a core member of the Tor project. It also includes the prior Forward from the first and second editions penned by famed Creative Commons founder Lawrence Lessig.

These are foundational documents in the realm of copyleftism and the history of free software. I’m astounded by my good fortune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote