Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #6883 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

It's been well over a decade since I read it and I only read it the one time but just going off memory of the plot it's supposed supposed to be some kind of colonialist commentary, right? Civilized powers control the resources of a land where the indigenous population are seen as uncultured savages. Thinking about it now the whole second half of the book as I remember it sounds like obvious white savior schlock with the indigenous population ending up being the universe's greatest badasses with grit the effete colonialists can't recognize with the main character going native and becoming the biggest badass of them all. Maybe you're better off actually . I definitely remember trying to read the second book and the quality taking a steep nosedive off a cliff that made it unreadable.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote