Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #2341 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I usually get a good deal of energy and motivation from it but it's either not enough to work in my system right now or it's taking a long time. It's definitely anxiety driven depression as well.
This is definitely not a good time to have depression. You've got my sympathy, my friend, because anxiety and depression are horrible. One minute you're okay, the next, you feel like the whole world is slowly sinking around you and you wonder what the point is. It's not easy and I can't say that I can relate on a personal level, but I've had people close to me with these kinds of problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I'm not the suicidal type so no worries there although you never know if it gets too bad. I had a bad night once where I thought about it for a few moments.
Don't even leave it as a possibility! We're just a bunch of random people on an internet music forum, but keep in touch and know that you've got people who care about you and that your life is precious.

I don't know your work situation or your financial situation so this advice may be completely useless (and far be it from me to tell you what's best in your situation), but be a little more selfish if you can. Try to make time for yourself to reconnect with friends and loved ones. Enjoy nature. Take the time out do things you enjoy for no other reason that you enjoy them. Life is a wonderful gift, even if it doesn't always seem that way.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote