Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 03:20 PM   #2568 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I know man. It's ****ing disheartening. Most of my friends are/were stoners and that group has an overlap with easily manipulated conspiratorial retards so I've had several conversations breaking down the science for people without endorsing how those inform policy only to wind up with a brick-bruised forehead and some begrudging luck with only one of them. I've surprised myself with my patience but the audacity of these idiots dogmatically thinking that their unsourced gut reaction (which is often just parroted anti-science propaganda that they've internalized) outweighs scientific research before they even see what the science says just makes me want to scream. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt at first but it's the same half true/outright false/fallacial talking points every time. It's incited me to start some essays on American post truth that are looking to be book length by the time I'm finished if I keep up this pissed off momentum.

I wish I had tips for how to not be angry and sad about this **** but I've had no luck myself. Remember that for every mouthbreathing plague denier there's a frownland, a hawk, a rostasi, etc with you recognizing how harmfully stupid that mouthbreather is, so it's not entirely hopeless.
Luckily I live in an area that is predominately able minded when dealing with this although there are obviously exceptions. There's a restaurant downtown that is breaking state mandate by having indoor dining every night and I f*cking hate them so much I wanna throw a brick through their window.

Then I remember that I'm going through a pretty serious depression/anxiety spell over the last few weeks with no end in sight so I just take a CBD and put some jazz on.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote