Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 03:39 PM   #2573 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Frown

A big part of that problem is that people don’t read. Not just news but I swear there’s a connection there to people who simply don’t read books. Even if the subject is unrelated and it would be hard for to establish a causal relationship but people never read ****ing books.
I agree that this is part of it along with a general lack of critical thinking/science/logic education, but I think that a bigger issue is information sources. The first time that some people heard of the coronavirus was through their friend opining that they thought that a preventative law was bull****, and they learned of the law through a meme's representation of the media's representation of a public official's representation of their cabinet/campaign team/lobbyist's representation of the science. So by the time they hear the science it's been tarnished by a slew of legitimate and perceived biases/agendas/influences and most people don't take the time to verify their first impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Luckily I live in an area that is predominately able minded when dealing with this although there are obviously exceptions. There's a restaurant downtown that is breaking state mandate by having indoor dining every night and I f*cking hate them so much I wanna throw a brick through their window.

Then I remember that I'm going through a pretty serious depression/anxiety spell over the last few weeks with no end in sight so I just take a CBD and put some jazz on.
Ja there's a lot of people being careful in California but the entitled idiots are coming out of the woodwork after doing the bare minimum for a week.

Hope you feel better man.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote