Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 10:05 AM   #21553 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Unfortunately some liberals have also redefined non-violent activities as violent. Violence is physically harming a person. Threats are not violent. Racial slurs are not violent. And from conservatives vandalism isn’t violent. Arson isn’t violent. Burning the flag isn’t violent.
I don't disagree. Something like how intimidation via threats or racism being a strong enough promise of violence to being considered with the same weight as violence being abridged to the kitschier but also uselessly reductionist racism=violence gets a lot more movement and coverage these days. Then the idea and the whole philosophy affiliated with it is defined by that reductionism in the public eye by both its supporters and detractors.

Quote:
The right is creating a literal police state. The left created a difficult cultural policing scenario by doing things like getting someone fired because they used a racial slur while someone was filming. I’m not equating it but wars often start tit for tat.
Maybe more importantly, the disenfranchisement that this culture brings is exploited to achieve authoritarian ideals. This is one reason why I think that cancel culture critics often overblow the issue.

Quote:
The feds are going to keep invading American cities and we will grow more and more numb and accepting of it. The only way to stop it would be to fire back with real bullets time after time. Cops feds soldiers whoever they’re actually NOT willing to die for this ****. Cops won’t even make a drug arrest if they’re out gunned.
NFAC militia leader says Saturday's planned march is about 'justice for Breonna Taylor'

Not a tear gas canister, pepper spray can, or flashbomb in sight.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote