Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #6981 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I think Biden just comes across as a doddering old man which is somewhat disarming. I don't think he even has beliefs really. He will basically follow the wind as best he can.

I hate Hillary but as far as competence goes I respect her more than Biden by far.
She was completely with it mentally as far as I could tell. Not to mention, as a political manipulator, she was extremely talented. Physically though, she appeared to have issues. Needing help walking up stairs, coughing fits, collapsing at that 9/11 event, etc. Biden on the other is not completely with it mentally, but seems to be fine physically. Combine the best aspects of the two candidates, and there would probably be no way Trump could win reelection.

Some Democrats seem to believe that the opposition to Trump is strong enough that they could run anyone against him and win. I'm just not convinced. As Trump said, he could "shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose any support". He has a pretty hardened base of support and it doesn't seem to matter what he does or says in regards to that level of support.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote