Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 07:45 PM   #6988 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I was Bernie or Bust

but Covid and Trump's response to these protests have convinced me of Blue no Matter Who
Out of curiosity elph, do you have friends who were also "Bernie or Bust"? Or just big fans of Bernie?

Are they also now "Blue no matter who" or are some still "Bernie or Bust"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I think it's a fair question to ask people who voted in the Demoratic primary, and are considering not voting for Biden in the Fall:

You participated in the primary. It didn't go your way, and now you're going to take your football and go home. So do you think Democracy is bull****? or do you just dislike your fellow voters and want their decision overturned?
This is an interesting question and I've heard convincing arguments on both sides of it. If you're generally an across-the-board liberal on all or most issues, then it would make sense to vote for Biden just for the supreme court appointments.

But, if you're a progressive who feels like Biden has made little or no effort to compromise with a progressive agenda, then perhaps he hasn't done enough to earn your vote. Perhaps, by abstaining from the election, they could show the Democrats and the DNC that, if they want to win elections in the future, they have to throw them a bone and implement some of their policy proposals.

I could understand both sides of the arguments, but as jwb said, no one owes anyone their vote, regardless of their political affiliations or preferences.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote