Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 08:00 PM   #7112 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I specifically said about him that this is the first time in a long time no one thinks the candidate will "save us." I'm not excited about Biden. No one is. I also said that's a positive thing and then jwb called me Ezra Klein for it.
What inherently is a "good thing" about no one being excited for Joe Biden? Do you think that running unexciting presidential candidates is a successful strategy for political parties?

I suppose I could see the argument of "if you have little to no expectations, it's hard to be dissappointed", but I don't know how you win a presidential election like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raime View Post
My state is super blue, and Hilary got our state in the 2016. I ain't worried. Oh, and despite being super left leaning we have a moderate republican as our Governor. Maryland is a weird ass state where both parties aren't constantly at each other's throats.
Well then your lack of worry is justified. I hope, for your sake, that the parties in your state continue to work amicably together despite the broad national political polarization.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote