Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #71173 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
tbh the fact that it isn't like coke or heroin is irrelevant

The question is whether you are having trouble quitting on your own and would benefit from a support group.

I think stoner culture has produced this bizarre idea that it's the one drug you can't really get addicted to and that is just false.

I could easily look down on crackheads and say my addiction is nothing like theirs because maybe it wasn't quite as severe or doesn't have the same exact symptoms. But as long as you are failing to quit and it's interfering significantly with your life you are an addict. It's that simple.
Every kind of addiction has similarities and differences. Crackheads and junkies are both addicted to something but the problems their addictions cause are different, their reasons they typically became addicted are different, and the process of withdrawal and post acute withdrawal will be different, and readjusting to society will be different.

If people just want to go to Addicts Anonymous for any addiction that’s fine but groups specialize around particular problems for a reason. It’s not about who’s better or worse. It’s just not necessarily the same problem.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote