Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #38783 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I was sure you're older. You sound old and boring in s good way.
Yeah, I get that a lot. My father tells me I'm a 40 year old trapped in a 25 year old's body. I chalk it up to my interests and an unhealthy childhood obsession with chess and computers. I could still tell you "Back in My Day" stories if it helps though. "Back in my day, our portable gaming handhelds didn't have backlit screens! In fact, if we wanted to play 'em after 7pm, we had to do it by candle-light!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
lol I can't even drive. I tried to learn but it's hopeless
For real? I assume you tried learning on automatics, right? What has been the problem for you in learning how to drive?

I learned how to drive in a crappy 2006 Toyota Corolla. I tend to think that I'm a proficient driver now, but I still struggle with busy metropolitan areas (like Boston). I've had the luxury of driving various vehicles since then - I test-drove a few Lamborghinis before (which was awesome), I've driven a couple Lexus vehicles and now regularly drive a Mercedes. Unfortunatley, I started with a Dodge Stratus that almost killed me several times (tie rod breaking), and then moved on to a Mazda 6 (that I somehow escaped death in after a full on collision with a moose) which I totaled, and now I'm on to Mercedes. Let's just say I've learned a little bit and drive very slowly during the night now.

Last edited by SGR; 08-02-2020 at 03:02 PM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote