Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 03:13 PM   #38784 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
For real? I assume you tried learning on automatics, right? What has been the problem for you in learning how to drive?

I learned how to drive in a crappy 2006 Toyota Corolla. I tend to think that I'm a proficient driver now, but I still struggle with busy metropolitan areas (like Boston). I've had the luxury of driving various vehicles since then - I test-drove a few Lamborghinis before (which was awesome), I've driven a couple Lexus vehicles and now regularly drive a Mercedes. Unfortunatley, I started with a Dodge Stratus that almost killed me several times (tie rod breaking), and then moved on to a Mazda 6 (that I somehow escaped death in after a full on collision with a moose) which I totaled, and now I'm on to Mercedes. Let's just say I've learned a little bit and drive very slowly during the night now.
I learned in a manual, but that wasn't the problem. It's basically the degree of alertness you need in car traffic, I'm quite the dreamer and I find it very hard to keep focussing on everything that's happening around me. On a bike it's different because you don't go as fast and the stakes are lower of course, although I did crash into a parked car twice when I wasn't paying attention
Did the totaling coincide with the moose accident, and was the moose ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote