Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 04:53 AM   #7224 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-i-did/614902/

I’m a Nurse in New York. Teachers Should Do Their Jobs, Just Like I Did

Quote:
I can understand that teachers are nervous about returning to school. But they should take a cue from their fellow essential workers and do their job. Even people who think there’s a fundamental difference between a nurse and a teacher in a pandemic must realize that there isn’t one between a grocery-store worker and a teacher, in terms of obligation. People who work at grocery stores in no way signed up to expose themselves to disease, but we expected them to go to work, and they did.
This touches the core of why I think Americans are the most brainwashed people on earth. I didn’t expect grocery store workers to continue working. I expected the corporate CEO’s to be forced to provide for protective gear to people who would deliver food paid for by the 1% at least until their incomes were as drained as the people receiving the food. The myth that people work to provide a service is the most prevalent bit of brainwashing on the planet. It doesn’t matter if you’re a nurse, teacher, social worker, surgeon, soldier, shelf stocker, burger flipper - if you’re getting paid you’re not there to provide a service. You might believe you’re there to provide a service because you’re brainwashed

Do you know how many big lottery winners keep their jobs? None of them.

Do you know how many CEOs flip burgers or stock groceries? Zero.

You know how many millionaires I met as a cook or a teacher? None.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote