Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:07 AM   #7225 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

What's also weird here is that we're equating food and healthcare, which are required to live. And education which is very important, but people aren't going to die in the short-term without it. The major issue here is that we've built up an aparatus around the American Career that has rendered education to a baby sitter and now the Corporate paymasters are demanding people stop looking after their kids and do more work to make them more money. But you cna't say that, so it's "open the schools."

As someone said at the start of the pandemic, I guess COVID showed us which jobs are truely essential and which jobs we just pay a lot for. Grocery store works, nurses, and teachers don't get paid enough and we need them to survive so hedge fund managers can't make six-figures a year. The problem with not opening schools is partially child development, and mostly the corporate engine of the U.S. showing how far they've pushed American society. While it's all terrible, I am glad they are getting their come-uppance for their endorsing of Trump.