Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 11:31 AM   #7239 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Nah I don't think that's the only reason why. It has the vibes of a highly segregated city with a ****load of pissed off blue collar Irish guys. It's like how the Celtics are the quintessential white boy NBA team or how the Red Sox were the last ones to integrate by far iirc.

It's not to say there are cities that don't have racism but some cities are more racist than others.

I've lived outside Boston and I've lived in south Florida outside Miami and I've lived in the actual deep south in NC. They all have racism in different ways and to different degrees.
I think all of those are true except maybe the "city with a ****load of pissed off blue collar Irish guys" - the all moved to the suburbs during white flight.

But that sort of proves my point. Boston is racist because it's baseball team failed to integrate first. But NYC isn't racist despite stopping brown kids for no reason and searching them through state power because the Saudi's invested in planes flying into the trade center.

We shouldn't pretend Boston doesn't have problems, and there's other more pressing issues here other than the Red Sox, but again I say if you say "Boston is racist" the implication is that other cities aren't.