Music Banter - View Single Post - The War on Drugs
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:01 AM   #33 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I wasn't looking for Mr. Bungle.
I'm actually on the lookout for some chill, groovy rock with a non-douchey vocalist. Something to listen to while driving a convertible down a scenic country road on a warm summer's eve.
Something fitting has been surprisingly hard to find.
At first I actually thought that TWOD was exactly what I was looking for but ultimately it didn't work out.
I came to really enjoy Dire Straits during my quest, so it's not like I can't stand a bit of bland.
I find TWOD to be quite similar to Dire Straits, or the few songs I know by them anyway, so strange that this didn't click for you, but so it goes...

I listened to these guys a lot while flying and it is quite a special experience.

What about My morning jacket - Z for some chill "summery" rock music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
^^Thats not too bad. I can see how they built their sound through this style of tension and release with the break in the middle to a crescendo and outro, which is the same with quite a few of their tunes. It's the content that gets you there that has to pop for me, and it does fall a little flat for some reason. Maybe I need a few listens. Maybe I'm just not in the mood.

Either way, I appreciate the rec.
I had more than a few bands which required a few listens before I got into them. Usually I get hooked by a song and check out the album a few times. If it still doesn't work, no use trying (although there were also a few examples where I didn't really take to an album and later fell in love with it). It depends on many factors I guess!

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote