Music Banter - View Single Post - from freak fighter to lamp lighter
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 04:48 PM   #1110 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Time for another Freak Fighter interview!

This time with the beloved Exo!

Exo, is it true you own a record store? If the word “own” exaggerates your position at the shop what are the exact deets?
I use the term "run a record store" because I don't have any ownership in anything.

Basically the owner opened a bookstore with a small record section. I found the store early and was a frequent shopper and noticed the record prices were either too high or in many cases too low. I offered my assistance to help price the records and long story short just never left and became the only "employee" the store has.

I control everything record related with the store and since he opened, the store has basically flip flopped into a record store with a book section which is fine because it saved the business. The owner, who is basically my partner/best friend now so I don't have that "authority" figure telling me what to do and when to do it. It's actually why we work so well together. He hates telling people what to do and I work very well by myself. So I basically built the record store aspect myself.

The store is a product of the both of us, but I pretty much manage and control the record aspect. I price, buy, and organize every record in the shop.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote