Music Banter - View Single Post - from freak fighter to lamp lighter
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 06:54 PM   #1108 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Having done so much for the well-being of the business don’t you feel like you deserve at least partial ownership in a legal sense? Things can change. Friendships can sour. Are you confident that your sweat equity is securely invested?
I don't want ownership at the moment. I'm perfectly happy with my salary which allows me to live in a nice ass neighborhood down the road from Stephen Colbert and Patrick Wilson while still being able to put money into savings and recently buy a new car outright.

Our building is a 100 year old former train station. That sh*t is expensive to fix. The roof is going and that sh*t will cost a fortune. I'm glad I don't have to foot any of the bills for taxes and repairs and all that. If I'm going to own a shop one day, it'd be my own. Partnership gets dicey when it's part ownership. Right now we're just business partners in the sense that we run the business together and he trusts me. Like a first mate to the captain of the ship. Except I can boss him around because we're very close.

He's a very interesting person. Gets upset at nothing. Has a sense of humor. Knows his limitations. Dude worked catering for years while hoarding books, dvds, records, cds, and vintage equipment. Doesn't know how to run a store properly. Likes that I do the dirty work. Gives me plenty of say in everything. It's a good relationship.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote