Music Banter - View Single Post - from freak fighter to lamp lighter
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 02:17 PM   #1140 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Tell us an outrageous example please.
Four days ago a customer who will occasionally come in and buy a record came in and picked a bunch of nice stuff off the wall. I recognized him and asked how he's been since winter as it was the first time since we closed that I saw him. He immediately asked what the best deal was on the records he picked out. I told him what I tell everybody over the last month who asks..."sorry, no discounts during the pandemic."

He didn't like that.

He basically scoffed at me and asked again what the best I could do was. I added it up. $187. I tell him $187. I told him that we were closed for four months and have been open for four weeks. We are still recouping the $30,000 in revenue that we lost during those four months so for the time being, we're going to just be like, you know, a regular store.

Still didn't like that. Asked what is so expensive about running a store like ours.

Now he's pissing me off. I told him that's it's none of his business and that it's $187. Thanks.

He asks me "This is how you treat a good customer?"

I tell him flat out "I've told you three times we've been closed for four months with no revenue. I haven't raised my prices. I saved all the records we bought for reopening. I'm not taking less money as a reward for starving our income for four months. That'll be $187 please."

He says, "well I count $175."

I say "Tax".

He tells me he's not paying tax. I tell him he in fact is paying tax, because this is how it works in the American system of buying things in stores, and that if this conversation doesn't end, I can take the records and put them back on the wall and he can have a nice day.

He tosses two hundreds on the counter. I toss a ten and three singles back on the counter. He didn't get a bag. "All out, sorry."

F*ck that prick.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote