Music Banter - View Single Post - Music on my mind!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Shen_Lo
Groupie

I'm just recently REALLY studyin music theory (as opposed to just skimmin over some articles and youtube videos related to music theory and thinkin I'm actually learnin somethin.) I wanted to study theory because of somethin a family member mentioned to me before about how certain frequencies can have a major effect on the human psychology. Certain sounds will "trigger" you to act or think in a certain way.
He said that there are those in the music industry who study this wit the sole intention of knowin how to manipulate how the listener feels and moves and thinks. For example, songs played at a certain tempo will make you dance differently. Songs within certain frequency ranges make you feel some kinda way (Happy, sad, nostalgic, etc.) A certain sequence of words will make you think a certain way. This, of course, has positive and negative implications but that's a totally different subject.
Anyway, the way he described this in our conversation made me wonder how much I had been influenced by the music I listen to. Just recently (maybe a few months ago or so) I realized that I had been living by the words in the songs I used to listen to. You know how some people say, "that song just speaks to me?" I felt so in tune wit these songs, wit their frequencies and words that I subconsciously agreed that this is what life is about. This is how I want to portray myself (I hope I'm still makin sense so far.) It's a mysterious thing to realize for me.
From what I understand, the world we inhabit is a living organism that vibrates at a specific frequency (7.83Hz) and humans are beings of frequency and resonance (our hearts beat out a cadence, sending blood to the brain which then responds by sending an electric current throughout the body enabling us to act/react.)
Throughout my day I have music in my head and nine times outta ten the song that's playing will describe whatever I'm thinkin or will be a reply to an internal question or reminder of somethin I need to do.
I hope this answers your question somewhat?
Shen_Lo is offline   Reply With Quote