Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 02:48 PM   #7469 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Copy/Pasting my own comment from a facebook thread -

[Kamala's] record as a prosecutor, DA and AG in CA is horrifying and did more lasting damage to Black and Brown families then she would have you believe - that's why her hollow ass campaign never gained its footing. She's the reason parents in the communities that most needed support would be arrested and jailed for years for their minor children's truancy, she is the reason why if you can't afford bail you stay in jail, she's the reason the death penalty situation is so ****ed up in CA, she chose to not decriminalize marijuana keeping thousands of nonviolent offenders in the prison system, and is arguably the reason for the sweeping mass incarceration of poor people and communities of color in California. She is all talk. She is only loyal to maintaining the status quo, she preaches progressive ideals but votes centrist. She poses as progressive, but has only ever taken a progressive stance when it was safe to do so. ACAB includes Kamala Harris. I do see her strength. Her prosecutorial skills were so welcome against Kavanaugh and in the Senate in general, but what we need is a revolution. And when it comes, Kamala will be nowhere to be seen.

She's a wannabe AOC but lacking the conviction.

Edit to add: She was also really harsh on sex workers, denied trans prisoners access to meds, and won't admit she ****ed up on SESTA/FOSTA. Elite trash.
I think you're giving her more credit than she deserves. Her campaign didn't lack enthusiasm because she didn't have progressive credentials, it's because she really didn't have any ideas. The two policy positions I saw her take where the "Yes M4A...wait no, people apparently don't like that." and her "debt forgiveness plan" which was so bad I thought it was for free points on a credit card.

I don't think she aspires to be AOC. I think she's far more calculating than that. AOC is one of the few people I feel like actually fights back when people attack her position. Kamalas positions are generally scraped clean of substance as to make them less objectionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Being smarmy about being a sell out. Game changing attitude.
LOL who did I sell out?